Free to Share
Author requests article critique
Over 150 New Covenant Bible Studies for Radical Freedom, Peace and Power in Christ.
Released 12/18 - Check out and my New Covenant Bible Study book HERE, free for a limited time. One month to greater freedom in Christ.
Introduction to New Covenant Bible Studies
The purpose of these New Covenant Bible studies is to encourage the believer and remove all doubt from their heart of their Fathers love for them and their complete and total forgiveness in Christ. Jesus often said “Oh you of little faith.” God desires that we live from faith to faith for our own benefit, with no doubt, fear, worry or anxiety in between. It is only Satan who wants believers to doubt God’s love and complete and total forgiveness towards those who believe. He knows that if we doubt God’s forgiveness for our past, present, and future sins even a little, we will doubt God’s love for us. This will lead us to live in insecurity that manifests itself in acts of sin and the inability to love others as God loves us. We cannot love much and walk by the Spirit until we know for certain we have been forgiven totally (Luke 7:47). If we live in doubt, Satan wins in this life because he knows that love is the only thing that fulfills God’s law (Rom 13:8-10).
The truth is there is absolutely no condemnation in the New Covenant of Grace and truth Jesus blood was shed to bring. If you are walking in fear, guilt, worry, repetitive sin and condemnation, you are displaying symptoms of unbelief to parts of the message of His righteousness and grace. There is also a great possibility that you have been deceived into believing you are still under the Old Covenant letter of the law. While you may protest and claim you know you are not under the law, symptoms do not lie, and I urge you to set aside any pride and be honest about your symptoms before God. Are you walking in the victory Jesus died to give you? Are you reigning in life like the Bible teaches you should be? Do you reside in Jesus peace that overcomes all circumstances or are your feelings up and down based on your circumstances? Incorrectly believing we are still under the letter of the law is what brings sin consciousness, Rom 3:20 and condemnation. This leads to doubt about our salvation because if we believe we are under the law, we believe at least subconsciously that we must keep the law to be saved in addition to trusting Jesus. This falsely places the burden of our salvation upon us in our thoughts and minds which naturally leads to doubt and fear, because we know intuitively that we cannot keep God’s perfect standard in thought, word, and deed. The letter of the law leads us to be self and sin focused when the Bible teaches we are supposed to lose our life in Christ “he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.” The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit convicts us as believers of our complete righteousness in Christ – John 16:10. We are called to agree with the Holy Spirit and take captive our thoughts, to captivate our minds and thoughts to Jesus righteousness, to His finished work, to the obedience of Christ. Once you are firmly established in the gospel truth of God’s great love for you and your righteousness in Christ, you will begin to naturally display the fruits of the spirit which are peace, joy, patience, self-control, brotherly love and more. These fruits will replace the acts of sin you still see in your life. Restlessness will leave your life and the peace of Christ will rest upon you in all circumstances. His peace will lead you to sin far less and serve God out of love and gratitude instead of guilt, without effort.
This is not a difficult process; it really comes down to believing God our Father as a little child trusts a loving parent, childlike faith. Jesus did not die to see if you can qualify to get into heaven, he fully qualified you. God does not lie, if you believe Jesus is Lord and have placed your faith in Him, you have been saved and have become a co-heir with Christ, qualified to participate in the inheritance of the Saints – Col 1:12.
I accept that in Christ I am:
Perfected - Hebrews 10:14 NASB
The enemy tries to create doubt and unbelief about the truths in the above verses, just like he created doubt in Adam and Eve which led to sin. Doubting God’s love and our total forgiveness is what leads to sin. On the other hand, being firmly established in God’s love, total forgiveness and His righteousness in our minds and thoughts is what stops sin, replacing it with the fruits of the Spirit. Satan will try to get us to doubt by pitting less clear scriptures against very clear ones like John 3:16 which tells us we HAVE eternal life by believing. The enemy does this by enlisting well-meaning believers who are filled with doubt and fear themselves to spread doubt and fear to others. The truth is, some scriptures simply require more study in context to understand God’s word is not divided against itself causing confusion and uncertainty. Many of these studies explore those tough scriptures that Satan may be using to create doubt for you.
There are two main covenants in the Bible, the Old, and the New. Rightly dividing these covenants as a believer is paramount to reigning in this life. They must not be mixed as many believers do. To understand the Bible, a person must also know the intent and the heart of the author, and we see our Fathers intent and heart clearly in Jesus life and actions. Jesus is the exact image of Our heavenly Father. Your heavenly Father is for you and you will learn from scripture in these studies that He loves you as much as He loves Jesus. Everything He did was out of love for us, even the intent, the Spirit. of all of God’s laws is love as you will clearly learn from scripture in these lessons.
Renew Your Mind
We are called to believe God’s word, to renew our minds to the message of truth and grace in the New Covenant that Jesus shed His blood for.
For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. John 1:17 NAS
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for we is the new covenant in My blood. Luke 22:20
Under the Old Covenant, fear of punishment is what kept a person from sinning. But it failed due to the weakness of man. Under the New Covenant, the love of Christ compels us to love and constrains us from sin, while God’s grace teaches us to live a Godly life. 2 Cor 5:14, Titus 2:12
We all know how weeds can take over a garden with no tending. Think of your mind as a garden that needs tending, needs renewal or the weeds will take over. In this case, you do not primarily focus on pulling weeds, you just need to start planting the right crop. You need to seed your mind, heart and daily thoughts with your right standing with God. When the Bible tells us to take our thoughts captive to Christ's obedience, it is speaking of all of our thoughts, good and bad. Therefore, we totally captivate our mind and thoughts to the finished work of Christ, to who you are in Christ. I guarantee the fruits of the Spirit will grow and choke out the weeds and the fruits of peace, patience, joy, and others will take over. But you need to keep this focus as your priority because, at the slightest opportunity, the enemy will try and steal the good seed and plant weeds that will quickly take root. Keep your eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of your faith, at all times.
It should be noted that the author is against all outward acts of sin. These studies will lead a person down the Biblical path manifesting the fruits of the Spirit which are necessary to defeat sin, even deep-rooted reoccurring sin in a believer’s life. They lead to His righteousness and His peace that overcomes all circumstances. Once you are firmly established, unshakeable and unmovable in His love, righteousness, and peace, start expecting Joy because it is coming and will naturally take root in your heart and mind. This is when you know intimately that His perfect love has cast out all of your fear.
The author agrees with Paul that believers are no longer under the law, we are under grace where sin is not counted by God, imputed to the believer.
“…that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation” (2 Cor 5:19).
For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace. (Rom 6:14)
“For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression” (Rom 4:15).
...sin is not counted where there is no law" (Rom 5:13)
...“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.” Heb 10:17
The author also agrees with Paul, believers should not sin just because God is not imputing sin to our account, holding it against us.
What then? Are we to sin because we are not under law but under grace? By no means! Romans 6:15 ESV
I recommend you get your Bible and do an in-depth study with me. Don't be shy, please contact me with any questions or objections you may have through private messenger on FaithWriters, or by leaving a comment below the particular study, you want to discuss.
Most Recent Studies: For those who follow these studies and want to know what is new. Go to my main profile and look at the newest ones written by date: GO HERE. For topical order, see sections below that include all of the studies divided under topics.
Section One with More Order
Many of my New Covenant Bible Studies are listed in this first section in more order with a better description of each area. There are 21 areas of studies in the top section. All of the studies are listed in the second section in topical order.
1) In the beginning, after the fall, humanity was not born in the image of God. This is obvious unless you think God sins, and we reflect his sinful image. We were born in the image of fallen Adam and our flesh inherited his image and will die. We were made sinners, inherited Adams Sin nature that led us to sin which leads to death.
For as through the one man's disobedience, the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. Rom 5:19 NAS
When Adam had lived one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. Gen 5:3 NAS
2) But there is great news for us since we are born-again. When we were born-again, our Spirit was born-again, a new creation in Christ in the image of Jesus. Our Spirit reflects the image of Jesus and like Jesus, our Spirit is sanctified, holy, righteous and perfected by the blood of Jesus. As He is so are we in this world.
because as he is so also are we in this world. 1 John 4:17b ESV
This is how God see’s you at this very moment, Christian. To walk with God, we must agree with God. These studies will set you free and transform your life to be of great use in the kingdom of God. God promised you eternal life when you were born-again through belief and see’s you as saved right now. He knows for certain His Son’s sacrifice was more than sufficient. The only condition is to believe, and you met this when you placed your faith in Jesus as your Lord and Savior. You are born-again in Christ.
3) God sees you as the receiver and Himself as the promise maker. The burden is always on the promise maker, not the receiver. Learn to leave the burden on God and walk in the true freedom and peace Jesus died to give you.
4) God see’s you in Christ, fully qualified for eternal life, fully qualified to participate in the inheritance of the saints. Satan will do all he can to get you to take your eyes off Jesus and look at the failures of your flesh. When we do, doubt creeps in and we can incorrectly take on a burden that is not ours and fear that we may not be saved.
5) God sees you as fully right with Him, now, righteous by His free gift of His Righteousness. You were made a sinner by Adams disobedience without sinning (#1 study), and now as God rights this injustice, in a like manner, you have been made righteous by the blood of Christ without righteous acts. You did not earn His righteousness and you cannot lose it by sinning. Your Spirit is as righteous as the blood of Christ can make it, but your flesh will never be righteous so stop doubting because of what you see in the mirror. We walk by faith and not by sight.
6) God sees your name in the book of life because of the blood of Jesus and the word of your testimony. He will never erase it.
7) God no longer sees you under the letter of the law once you come to Christ. He sees you under grace where he places all who believe. Under grace, your sins are not being imputed. Sin by definition in the Bible is the transgression of the law. Under grace, you cannot transgress the law. Therefore, God is not counting the sins of your dead flesh.
8) Satan is the only one who wants you to doubt your salvation. His power to condemn and kill came from the letter of the law of Moses in the Old Covenant. He will always point you back to the law, in an attempt to keep you under condemnation and guilt. He will use other well-meaning believers who he has deceived to do the same. Unfortunately, most believers mix law with grace to some extent, which make grace of little or no effect. Gal 5:4, Rom 11:6
9) The only sin that is unforgivable in the Bible is blaspheme against the Holy Spirit by an unbeliever. This is their rejection of the Holy Spirits testimony of their need for the Savior. In other words, they call the Holy Spirit a liar by their refusal to believe and accept His testimony. Ultimately, unbelief in the gospel is the only unforgivable sin and you cannot commit this sin as a believer.
10) The Holy Spirit does not convict you of your sins. He is there to convict you of your righteousness in Christ. As Jesus said when I leave the Father I will send you another helper in the Holy Spirit. Jesus did not go accusing people of their sins, that is Satan’s job, the accuser of the brethren. His only anger was with the self-righteous, those who led people away from Him, grace and truth. The Holy Spirit looks just like Jesus did when he walked this earth. We just need to renew our mind to agree with the Holy Spirit to have victory in this life.
11) God never calls a believer a sinner. Jesus came to save sinners and not the righteous. Once we believe we are given a new title, the righteous, even though we still sin. God sees you in the Spirit as righteous as you will ever be right now by the blood of Jesus. This is because the new Spirit he gave you is righteous and sealed by the Holy Spirit from this fallen worlds contamination.
12) Since God does not call you a sinner, he does not call you by a sinner subtitle in His word (liar, thief, hypocrite, adulterer, homosexual, etc.) A title that describes a specific type of sinner. He sees your Spirit as righteous by the blood of Jesus and the word of your testimony.
13) God never calls you or sees you as a hypocrite when you sin. Hypocrite is a title reserved for the self-righteous. The only way a believer can be called a hypocrite is if they turn from the truth and are deceived into judging others while they still have sin in their own flesh. If your faith is fully in Christ, we are not one of the self-righteous. Jesus is our righteousness. We are like Paul and do not boast in our ability to keep the law. We boast in our weakness and the cross of Christ so the power of God will rest upon us.
14) God promised, the burden is upon Him, to never be angry with you again.
15) God promised, the burden is upon Him, no condemnation for you.
16) God sees you as righteous, sanctified, holy and perfected in the Spirit. Your flesh will never be perfected, this is why it must die. When we die, you are guaranteed a new glorified body and your redemption will be complete.
17) The Bible tells us that we were crucified with Christ on the cross. This means your flesh is already dead in God’s eyes. We are to by faith agree with God and view our flesh in the same way.
18) God has called you under the New Covenant and has qualified you as a minister of the Spirit of the law (love) and not the letter of the law (condemnation and death).
19) God wants you to reign in this life and has given you the tools to walk in victory. Your job is to rightly divide and believe God’s word, and the fruits will come naturally as you abide in the truth.
20) Your heavenly Father loves you dearly and will provide for you. Do not fear or worry.
21) Still have doubts about the salvation of others and a desire to point out the sins of another believer? Be careful, this is a sign that you think you are still being judged by God. You think you are still under the law and doubt your own salvation and project this onto others. This is what the Pharisee's did. They justified their own sins they considered smaller and kept them hidden while judging others caught up in outward sin. Jesus told those who did this with the woman caught in adultery they had no right to do this unless they were without any sin themselves. Are you without sin? Of course not. Thank God for the New Covenant of grace and truth that replaced the Old Covenant of law.
Many more New Covenant Bible Studies HERE. Jesus poured out His blood for the New Covenant of grace and truth, replacing the Old Covenant law of Moses. Believers are exclusively under the New Covenant, the last will, and testament of Jesus that began after the cross.
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for we is the new covenant in My blood. Luke 22:20
Section Two Topical Order
ALL OF MY NEW COVENANT BIBLE STUDIES LISTED BELOW
God placed believers under the New Covenant of Grace and Truth removing us from the Old Covenant Letter of the Law.
BATTLE – SPIRITUAL
BELIEVER – FALSE
COVENANTS – NEW & OLD
IDENTITY IN CHRIST
LAW OF CHRIST
RIGHTEOUSNESS - Practical
SIN – UNFORGIVABLE
Regular listening, soaking in the pure message of the New Covenant of grace as in the true gospel, will renew your mind, transforming you without effort into the image of Christ.
This list of New Covenant Bible studies will continue to grow so check back often.
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE AS A MEMBER OR VISITOR
Michael Edwards or search for other articles by topic below.
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.