Free to Share
In many churches, it would seem that God is more concerned with humanity’s acts of sin than the death of man. But scripture does just the opposite.
From the very beginning, God emphasis has been on saving humanity from God’s enemy death that proceeds from humanities inherited Sin nature from Adam, not mankind’s acts of sin.
Did you know that you were made a sinner? Did you know that you have an inherited Sin nature that leads to death? Did you know that you did not have a choice to be made otherwise? Did you know that from the day you were born, you were destined to die because of Adams disobedience, even if God had not given man the Ten Commandments? Did you know that death is God’s enemy? Did you know that in the New Testament, the emphasis on humanity’s acts of sin is only 25% of the emphasis God places on our inherited Sin nature? (The word sin is a verb roughly 45 times referring to man’s acts of sin, and a noun that is referring to man’s inherited sin nature over 175 times.)
1) God clearly warned Adam, but Satan led Adam to doubt God’s word and fall into unbelief.
but from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die." Gen 2:17 NAS
2) This one act by Adam led all of humanity to inherit a fallen nature, to be made sinners like Adam.
For as through the one man’s (Adam) disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One (Jesus) the many will be made righteous. Rom 5:19 NAS
So then as through one transgression (Adam) there resulted condemnation to all men Rom 5:18a NAS
3) The nature of a sinner is to sin, the wage of sin is death.
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— Rom 5:12
…For if by the transgression of the one (Adam) the many died… Rom 5:15 NAS
…for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression (Adam) resulting in condemnation… Rom 5:16 NAS
4) From the fall, God’s plan has always been to save humanity from our inherited sin nature and death, to render powerless Satan who for a time had the power of death.
Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, Heb 2:14 NAS
5) God can and does use death to protect the righteous from evil.
The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart; And devout men are taken away, while no one understands. For the righteous man is taken away from evil, Isa 57:1 NAS
6) But God takes no pleasure in the death of anyone, not even the wicked.
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live." Eze 18:32 NAS
"Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?' Eze 33:11 NAS
7) God so loved the world and He desires that no man be lost to death.
who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2:4 NAS
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, Titus 2:11 NAS
8) God protected Adam and his family after the fall.
After Adam’s sin, God removed Adam from the garden so that he would not eat from the tree of life and live forever in a fallen state. He also protected Cain after he killed Able and warned all that would try and kill Cain of punishment. Why would God protect sinful man? Could it be because God knows that mankind did not have a choice to be born a sinner and be led into death?
9) God did not impute any sins to humanity prior to the Law of Moses.
Therefore, just as through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Rom 5:12-13 NAS
10) Even though God was not imputing sins from Adam to Moses, God’s enemy death, still reigned over those who had not sinned like Adam, by transgressing an explicit commandment from God.
This confirms the issue was inherited and man had no choice.
Still, everyone died--from the time of Adam to the time of Moses--even those who did not disobey an explicit commandment of God, as Adam did. Now Adam is a symbol, a representation of Christ, who was yet to come. Rom 5:14 NLT
Man, still died even though he did not transgress an explicit command from God, even though God was not imputing man’s sins unto him. Why? Because all sin leads to death and even though humanity was not transgressing any specific commands from God, they were unknowingly committing acts that were sinful and God’s enemy death is the wage of sin. I say unknowingly because Paul is clear that he would not have known sin apart from the law. God gave the law so man could recognize their sin nature and need for God’s help – read Rom 7 and learn about Pauls personal struggle with his fallen nature.
What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, "YOU SHALL NOT COVET." Rom 7:7 NAS
11) Sin is the antithesis (direct opposite) of love. In the end, in His complete victory, all that will remain is love. God’s desire for man has always been that they walk in love.
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love. Gal 5:6 NAS
But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away." Revelation 21:4 BSB
12) God did not give the law to the Jews so that He could punish them for breaking it. It is just the opposite, God gave the law to help save man, to reveal the knowledge of his sins, to reveal our inherited sin nature and need for God - Rom 7:7, to protect fallen man from fallen men and to lead the lost unto Jesus – Gal 3:24. God is not a dictator, God is a savior.
13) Knowing the law would increase sin in rebellious man, God still gave the law to reveal man’s need for the savior.
The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, Rom 5:20 NAS
Why would God do anything that would increase the activity of sin? For God so loved the world. His love for us was paramount and he overcame the increase in sin by His grace, His undeserved favor for man, that abounded all the more.
14) The Spirit of all of God’s laws, the Ten Commandments for example, is love. This tells us a lot about the heart of God and reveals that even the law was given because God so loved the world. He wanted to protect us from our fallen natures and lead us unto freedom from His enemy death. The Spirit of a law is the authors intent, God’s reason for writing the law.
Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For this, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET,” and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Rom 13:8-10 NAS
15) Does God hate Sin? Yes. God hates Sin because it is the vehicle that leads us unto death. By Sin, I specifically mean our inherited Sin nature from Adam that is referenced over 175 times in the New Testament, the Sin nature that pays the wage of death. Sin is the direct opposite of love, the direct opposite of God’s nature. Our inherited Sin nature leads us to commit acts of sin, doing wrong to our neighbor, instead of love thy neighbor and even love thy enemy as Jesus demonstrated.
Sin has stolen from you, wants to destroy you and hopes to kill you. Yes, God hates Sin. Jesus came to save us from our inherited Sin nature that wants to drag us into death.
16) You must be born again – Our inherited Sin nature from Adam is what requires that a person must be born again to see the kingdom of God. Once a person is born again, they become an heir of Christ and eternal life; They are no longer an heir of Adam where their inheritance was death. There is no salvation apart from being born again in Christ.
Jesus answered and said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3 NAS
Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again. John 3:7 NAS
17) Jesus fully qualified us for the inheritance of the saints. Man cannot be born again apart from God. Man can do nothing to save himself or add to what Jesus has already done. Jesus did all the work, fully qualifying us to be His co-heirs. This is God’s heart for man, to save us from our inherited Sin nature and God’s enemy death.
giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light. Col 1:12 NAS
And He has qualified us as ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Cor 3:6 BSB
18) Born-Again believers are forgiven of past sins in Christ; they are now under grace where sin is not imputed. They are promised eternal life by the One who cannot lie.
For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance Heb 9:15 NAS
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. Rom 8:2 NAS
For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Rom 6:14 NAS
apart from the Law sin is dead. Rom 7:8b NAS
19) Death has been defeated by Christ for all who will trust in Him as their savior being born again to a glorious inheritance.
But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ. Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 1 Cor 15:20-25 ESV
And now He has revealed this grace through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the gospel, 2 Timothy 1:10 BSB
20) While our Spirit is sanctified, holy, righteous and perfected in Christ, our flesh will never be sanctified and holy, never right with God. Therefore, it must die so we can have our new imperishable, immortal, glorified body. This will be the final act of our redemption in Christ.
For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory. “O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Cor 15:53-57 NAS
21) Man is forever free from their inherited fallen sin nature in Christ and God’s enemy death will be forever destroyed.
Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death--the lake of fire. Revelation 20:14 BSB
PLEASE ENCOURAGE AUTHOR BELOW LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE AS A MEMBER OR VISITOR
Michael Edwards or search for other articles by topic below.
Main Site Articles
Most Read Articles
Highly Acclaimed Challenge Articles.
New Release Christian Books for Free for a Simple Review.
NEW - Surprise Me With an Article - Click here for a random URL
God is Not Against You - He Came on an All Out Rescue Mission to Save You
...in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them... 2 Cor 5:19
Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Acts 13:38
LEARN & TRUST JESUS HERE
The opinions expressed by authors do not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
FaithWriters offers Christian reading material for Christian readers. We offer Christian articles, Christian fiction, Christian non-fiction, Christian Bible studies, Christian poems, Christian articles for sale, free use Christian articles, Christian living articles, New Covenant Christian Bible Studies, Christian magazine articles and new Christian articles. We write for Jesus about God, the Bible, salvation, prayer and the word of God.